Biomass Studios: Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuff which Jan needs to do

3 posters

Go down

Stuff which Jan needs to do Empty Stuff which Jan needs to do

Post  janpec1000 Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Create 1 demo level. It should have as much prop models as possible included that we have already made, to create diverse environment.
-Cart modeling (1 cart)
-create terrarin, create roads with external road tool (Purchase external road tool for Unity)
-use existing ocean shader for Unity
-place basic collision on both side of track
-vegetation (create at least 3 different plants with Xfrog or Unity tree tool)
-get City engine to create architecture

Stuff that Dan has to do is character animation with sit and driving (hand movement) animation.

janpec1000
Reggae Speed: Artist

Back to top Go down

Stuff which Jan needs to do Empty Re: Stuff which Jan needs to do

Post  janpec1000 Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:34 pm

We have some slight problems for now...EasyRoad3d tool has not been yet released for Unity 3. We need to use this tool to create roads for our levels however developer has said that he will release tool very soon and i really hope so. I will try to plan and do level design without road for now.

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  --Account Deleted-- Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:03 am

Darn, that may be a problem. Anyway, I thought you said there were some external tools you could use instead, which could be easily integrated with Unity? We can't exactly design good quality race tracks without a decent road editor tool.

--Account Deleted--
EX Reggae Speed Programmer
EX Reggae Speed Programmer

https://biomass-forums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:26 am

Well it is possible to create tracks just with 3d modeling software, but it takes 10 times longer and its really pain in ass. You have to export track for thousand times before you can match some quality aligment with terrarin. And there are no other further external road tools for Unity with same quality. However nothing of that matters since version for Unity 3 has been released today. I had feeling that it will be today lol. This new version 2 also has now river and train road editor which is great becouse we need both.

So all i am waiting for now is to get my paypal account expanded with higher limit (Monday). Its somehow very strange that paypal card by default has only 100 euros for year payments.

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Stuff which Jan needs to do Empty May be I have a solution

Post  Ryan Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Check this out!!! I wrote this thread some time back!!

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/62902-Realistic-Curved-amp-textured-roads-in-2-minutes!!-%29

Import the file in unity as .max straight and whatever changes you make to the road would get reflected in unity as well. Don't export it as .fbx file.(that's time consuming)

Ryan
Reggae Speed: Programmer
Reggae Speed: Programmer

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks Ryan thats very usefull info. I will still probably purchase EasyRoad3d but i could use this technique for some other secondary roads or paths if needed. I will think about it a bit.

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down