Biomass Studios: Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox360 and/or PS3 support for ShiVa possible in future

3 posters

Go down

Xbox360 and/or PS3 support for ShiVa possible in future Empty Xbox360 and/or PS3 support for ShiVa possible in future

Post  janpec1000 Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:32 pm

I have been reading ShiVa forums and i have read some interesting stuff that developers wrotte about incomming updates. They will be working on DirectX aspect of engine and rendering so this is planed to be done this year, and they also have Xbox support in their minds however i am not sure when they will implement it. I guess it could be in start of new year and this could work really great for us since Xbox or PS3 platform would be excellent for this game.

janpec1000
Reggae Speed: Artist

Back to top Go down

Xbox360 and/or PS3 support for ShiVa possible in future Empty Re: Xbox360 and/or PS3 support for ShiVa possible in future

Post  BlackMagic Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:53 pm

hey we're still going to release it as soon as possible right?

BlackMagic

Back to top Go down

Xbox360 and/or PS3 support for ShiVa possible in future Empty Re: Xbox360 and/or PS3 support for ShiVa possible in future

Post  --Account Deleted-- Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:25 pm

All current ShiVa rendering is done in OpenGL (a multiplatform graphics API). I did hear about possible DirectX support in newer versions of ShiVa, meaning that our game could in theory be ported to the XBox, but the PS3 uses a Graphics Library completely incompatible with Both ShiVa's architecture and Rendering Pipeline.

--Account Deleted--
EX Reggae Speed Programmer
EX Reggae Speed Programmer

https://biomass-forums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Yes for Win, Mac and Linux first then additionally for (hopefully) for Xbox360.

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum