Biomass Studios: Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapons

3 posters

Go down

Weapons  Empty Weapons

Post  janpec1000 Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Ok here is first weapon that player will be able to throw against each other. Basicly player would probably pick this as pickup which would randomly grand him/ her tomatoes. I think that 3 or 5 tomatoes should be enough. What player could do with them is to throw in other players head, which would pop up smashed tomato screen on hitted players screen and would decreasse visibility for quite a lot.

Here is render:
Weapons  Tomatorend1

More weapons to come...

janpec1000
Reggae Speed: Artist

Back to top Go down

Weapons  Empty Re: Weapons

Post  BlackMagic Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:34 pm

i like that,

hey we should give them bananas like in Mario Kart then they could throw them to slip up the competition.

oh just got another thought, we should also have a nail trap, that will cause severe damage to the cart and they'll have to adjust their driving so that they don't break their cart

BlackMagic

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackMagic Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:49 am

welcome to weapons manifest with todd

today we're going to be talking about Jamaican weapons that may or may not be available in a future cart racing game. Here are some weapons you may see.

Banana: when hit with by the cart they'll spin out of control (see: Mario Kart)

Fish: if thrown to hit driver will be momentarily stunned. If thrown onto cart, will slow down as the opponet will try and get the fish off.

Coconut: throw at the driver to knock him out for a few seconds.

Cricket bat: use this popular sports tool to either knock your opponet uncounsious or cause damage to cart. the choice is yours.

Boombox: what's ReggaeSpeed with music right? This modified boombox (equiped with Bob Marley CD) sends powerful shockwaves behind your cart and when it hits your opponet it blurs their vision and causes them to cover their ears, thus rendering the cart almost undrivable.

Wood Spring trap: a what now? when you pick up this trap you simply lay it down where you think your opponet will hit it and when they do the springboard will launch the cart several feet back causing them to lose all their speed.

Bamboo: really bamboo in Jamaica? yes, this once was used to build rafts and guide tourist down rivers. Now? Use the bamboo to knock your opponet off the road!

BlackMagic

Back to top Go down

Post  --Account Deleted-- Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:22 am

I am currently in the Process of Programming some of these weapons into the Engine. These are the basic Designs for the ones I will implement (but these can easily be changed later on):

Fish: Reduces Cart Health by 10%, Reduces Maneuverability by 15%
Coconut: Stuns (Knocks Out) Driver for 5 Seconds.
Cricket Bat: Stuns (Knocks Out) Driver for 5 Seconds, Reduces Cart Health by 15%
Boombox: Reduces Visibility by 40%, Reduces Maneuverability by 10%
Wood-Spring Trap: Reduces Cart Health by 20%, Reduces Maneuverability by 20%
Bamboo: Reduces Maneuverability by 50%

The Cart's Health governs the Top Speed of the Cart. When the Cart Health reaches 0%, the Cart is Immobilized.

The Cart's Maneuverability governs how much Control you have over the Cart. The lower the Percentage, the more Random the Control will be. When Maneuverability reaches 0%, the Cart controls itself, completely randomly.

When a Driver is Knocked Out, he is incapable of controlling his Cart for the set amount of time.

When Visibility is 100%, the Screen is Clear. When Visibility is 0%, the Screen is completely Black. The lower the Visibility, the more Blurry/Unclear the HUD becomes.

--Account Deleted--
EX Reggae Speed Programmer

https://biomass-forums.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackMagic Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 pm

hey Jonathan,

Jan approved everything except the wood-spring trap and the fish. trying to see if he'll swap banana for oil.

BlackMagic

Back to top Go down

Post  --Account Deleted-- Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:59 pm

OK, that's cool. Once they're finalized with Jan, could you just give me the updated list of Weapons, please?

--Account Deleted--

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Ok here is update for weapons so far:
We have tomato, coconut, boombox, cricket bat.

Probably there will also be poisonus frog that player could throw into other player and couse short poison effect. I have to think a little how could this work.
Also a rusty hammer can be used as nearby melee tool. Player can hit other cart for certain peroid of time until hammer dissapears or is destroyed.

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  --Account Deleted-- Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Poisonous frog!? I'm not sure if that would work in a Jamaican Pushcart Racer.

--Account Deleted--

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeh a bit extremistic, however can be used at least as animal model in game that walks near / on track since i already made model.

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackMagic Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:02 pm

hey how bout instead of a weapon it can be a road hazard? If they don't avoid the frog the get poisoned

BlackMagic

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:00 am

Nah that is way to unrealistic since there is no option that frog could/would jump into cart.

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:30 am

Here is a new weapon, turtle:

http://www.moddb.com/games/reggae-speed/images/box-turtle#imagebox

Player will be able to throw it on track. After that turtle would start moving randomly in some direction, if cart comes near turtle it would hide inside shell. If cart would run over shell it would gain wheel damage.
I think that this one would fit really nicely and would be funny what do you guys think?

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  --Account Deleted-- Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 pm

I agree that it would be funny to have a turtle-based weapon. The Turtle would fit quite well into Reggae Speed, and I rather like the idea of Reggae Speed having fairly ridiculous weapons (such as the Tomato and the Boombox) which contrasts with the much more violent Games which are being released today. The Turtle idea itself may be a little bit too much like Mario-Kart, so I will probably check Nintendo's License Agreements first to confirm there are no copywrite restrictions, but otherwise its's a great concept.

--Account Deleted--

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackMagic Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm

i don't see why we would have a problem because we use the whole turtle and not just the shell and the use of it is different.

BlackMagic

Back to top Go down

Post  janpec1000 Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Oh didnt know that Mario kart had that. Well anyway i am sure we wont have any problems, and we would defenetly not have problems if we would copy just one little thing out of their game. I have just came across some new made MMO that copied WoW up to 95% and basicly they didnt bumped into any problems (yet).

janpec1000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum